Saturday, May 29, 2010

third time is a charm

fail. just typed a quarter of a post and it dissappeared into internet land forever. oh well.
wait, no, I just found it in draft land! Yay!


I had started it out by stating how completely much I rock at life. why (no idea where the question mark is on this keyboard) well because I got myself to this internet cafe here in Atlixco all by my very self which involved hopping a bus and telling it where to stop and paying and following a hand drawn map. uh huh pretty much rock at life. also, my extremely large ego is only due to the large amounts of attention I am recieving. cant help it hehehe

on a failure note, thought, not on my part thank goodness, our aka my dear could have been San Fran volunteer friend was kicked out last night. why I am not 100% sure the first story I heard was that he scolded a kid using force after eating an apple with worms but I think the more reliable store from Val was that he paid a kid 5 pesos which is freakin 50 cents to eat a dead bird (they are all over the place because they fall from their nests) and I guess he was more of a hinderance than a help and at least I do whatever I can whenever I can regardless of if I understand it fully...but it really, really shocked me because it feels like everything is kinda light and whatever when it comes to volunteers in that some do all the bi ch work and others dont and it was just surprising how fast this escalated to being sent home. I was glad to hear that he really wasnt a good volunteer, because when I found out last night with that apple and worms story, I was really worrying about my position here, since I am not super volunteer doing all the laundry and understanding everything all the time. but I think that all shall be well and no way am I going to ever joke around with them in that way. so.

lets see...I always have so, so many thought swimming around in my head about what I want to write and then I get here and the computer fails or I dont want to write it anymore or...haha

so this weekend is so far going SO much better than last. last night I strolled around the highway and stopped at the gas station to get some liquid heaven (pina colada flavored something...non alcoholic and infintely better) and today I was awoken by the kiddos working away, and I took my time showering (did I mention the water is literally never ever warm in our house oh well I shall appreciate my first shower at home that much more)and then when Ramiro came in to go to the bathroom we messed around for a quick 5 min and seriously he is coming home with me adore him to death.

on an adoration note, I am really very curious if Val and Estonia volunteers get the same kinds of attention and affection that I do. like...I have thought a lot about why they literally cannot wait for the weekends or Estonia is taking a week vacation week after this and like...they always want to get away, while meanwhile I am figuring out how to confirm if its okay that I am actually staying there so much. theres tons of boys in other houses who will run up to me with a hug or who are always very excited if I am in their afternoon work group and this morning/afternoon I watched while the older boys played futbol which was fantastic and once again, I just felt this feeling of this is what I wanted and this is where I want to be. I dont know if in another month I will be the same and will be fleeing the casas at 7 on friday night...idk thats just something I am thinking about.

so I am in Atlixco now and am planning, when I finish up here, on walking around some more, at some point getting dinner, and then eventually I will go and sit somewhere in the town square and people watch. Might do so in the Italian Coffee Company, which are huge here, or might just sit. TBD but I am excited to do a weekend my way. Val is actually sitting 4 computers down from me, and is planning on spending the night in Puebla and then going to visit the volcanos tomorrow...but I want this weekend for me and maybe next I shall play tag along once again. also, the famous and fabulous volunteer frankie, who EVERYONE talks about, is supposed to come within the next couple of days, and I guess he really can pull volunteers together for fun outings, so my fingers are crossed.

posting this baby now so I can retrive an old one from draft land! thanks, as always, for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment